In January of 2015 the Student/Parent Portal will include a single sign-on for all parents/guardians. The student portion of the sign-on process will not be effected. All Parent will need to create new accounts with personalized account names and passwords. The current access codes currently used to login to the system, will be used to tie the student to the newly created account.
High School/Middle School parents will receive copy of the current access code via the student grade card. Printed on the each student's grade card will be the access code to tie the student to the new account. The grade cards will be given to students at the beginning of the second semester in 2015. Below is a copy of the letter at the bottom of the grade card:
Vincennes Community School Corporation is pleased to provide you with access to current grades and attendance for all students in grades K through 12 via the Internet. Both you and (student name) will have access to this information through our enhanced PowerSchool Portal. If you want to add access to student name's information you will want to create a new PowerSchool Portal account, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Open the Internet browser on your computer.
2. Type http://powerschool.vcsc.k12.in.us/public into the address bar.
3. Click the "Create Account" button at the bottom of the page. Complete the fields on the top half of the page.
4. To link a student to your account, enter the student's name, Access ID, and Access Password into the appropriate fields. Select your relationship to the student from the drop-down menu. If you have other students in grades K through 12, add their names, Access IDs, and Passwords to the list. You can also add additional students after you have logged in for the first time.
5. Click the blue "enter" button to finish creating your account.
6. Once your account is created, enter the username and password you chose for your parent account.
7. Remember to log off when you are finished.
The Access ID for student name is.......: XXXXXXX, The Password for student name is........: XXXXXXXX
The above Access ID and Password may be shared with anyone who would like to create an account that is linked to RYAN's attendance and grades. This may include multiple parents, stepparents, or other people who need to be kept informed of school progress. Students can continue to access accounts via the same portal using the username and password issued to them at school. Academic progress can be tracked from any location that has Internet access. Once you have created your account, please keep your passwords confidential. The Grades and Attendance tab will allow you to check assignments and scores by clicking on the blue percentage across from a class. To email the teacher a question or concern, please click the blue teacher's name link. The Grades History tab will show you the grades your child received in previous grading periods. The Teacher Comments tab is used to access current teacher comments for your student and the School Bulletin tab has current announcements for our school.