Social Work Services
Vincennes Community School Corporation
School Social Work Services
WHO ARE THEY?
School social workers are the link between home, school, and community. As members of the educational team, school social workers promote and support students’ academic and social success by providing specialized services.
WHAT DO THEY DO?
School social workers:
- Counsel children and parents individually and in groups on topics such as problem solving skills, stress reduction, parenting, social skills, family crisis and other problems that affect learning.
- Reduce the negative impact of risk factors in children’s lives.
- Link families to community resources depending upon their needs.
- Provide consultation to school personnel regarding students’ behavior and emotional difficulties.
- Play a vital role on our Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) team to promote positive behavior within our schools.
- Teach the Second Step Curriculum, which promotes problem solving and anger management with age appropriate lessons that also encourage positive peer interaction through guided role plays.
School social workers are bound by professional ethics and are responsible for their continued professional growth and development. Confidentiality is of utmost importance.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to your elementary school social worker.
Jessica Connor, LSW
Christe Jarvis, LSW
Beth Lindsey, LSW
Amy Schotter, LSW